EFFECTIVE DATE: [MAY 1, 2012]
1.1 PURPOSE OF POLICY
RealRyder International, LLC
3200 Airport Avenue
Santa Monica, CA 90405
1.2 NOTICE CONCERNING CHILDREN
PLEASE NOTE: We are a general audience site, and do not direct any of our content specifically at children under 13 years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a Site user is under age 13, we will promptly delete any personal information that might be stored in that user’s account.
1.3 DISCLAIMER REGARDING SITE CONTENTS
2. INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES
2.1 WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- BASIC PERSONAL INFORMATION. In operating the Site, we may collect a variety of user-submitted information such as names, email addresses, phone numbers and other contact information, in order to: establish and authenticate user accounts; identify prospective candidates for events, workshops, conferences and the like, and facilitate training sessions and special event planning; facilitate interactions with and between users; and to send information and notices to our users regarding the Site and the services we offer. In addition, we may provide registration forms, bulletin boards, comment forms, online surveys, and other online forms that ask users to provide their names, e-mail addresses, and other contact information, as well as information related to the subject matter of the activities requiring registration, of the surveys or of the other online forms.
- TRANSACTION-RELATED INFORMATION. In addition to the foregoing, to the extent that we from time to time offer certain products or services that require you to pay by using a credit card, if you elect to purchase any of those products or services, we will collect a credit card number and your address and other billing information in order to validate and process the transaction. If you use services related to training or other special event planning, then we may ask you to provide a telephone number and/or email address so that we can contact you or put you in contact with the right people at RealRyder. We will try to indicate where we believe any or all of this information to be optional, but understand that the more information you can provide, the better we will be able to service your needs.
2.2 WHAT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- AUTOMATIC COLLECTION. Our servers automatically recognize visitors’ domain names and IP addresses. No personal information about you is revealed in this process. The Site may also gather anonymous “traffic data” that does not personally identify you, but that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer.
- COOKIES. From time to time, we may use the standard “cookies” feature of major browser applications that allows us to store a small piece of data on your computer about your visit to the Site. We do not set any personally identifiable information in cookies, nor do we employ any data capture mechanisms on the Site other than cookies. Cookies help us learn which areas of the Site are useful and which areas need improvement. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, if you choose to disable this function, your experience at the Site may be diminished and some features may not work as they were intended.
3. USE AND SHARING OF INFORMATION
3.1 WHAT DO WE DO WITH COLLECTED INFORMATION?
- PERSONAL INFORMATION. You always have the option not to provide us with any personal information. If you do elect to provide any personal information to us, then we will use that personal information to provide you with access to the Site and the services offered by us or to comply with the law, and we may share that information as follows:
(1) We may use your personal information to verify your identity, to check your qualifications, or to follow up with transactions initiated on the Site.
(2) We may also use your contact information to inform you of any changes to the Site or the Service, or to send you additional information about us.
(3) If you give your permission during any account registration process, we may share your contact information with our business partners or other companies so that they may send you promotional materials or otherwise contact you regarding services that they offer that may be relevant to your use of the Site or the Service.
- ANONYMOUS INFORMATION. We use anonymous information to analyze our Site traffic, but we do not examine this information for individually identifying information. In addition, we may use anonymous IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer the Site, or to display the content according to your preferences. Traffic and transaction information may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate and anonymous basis.
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. In addition to disclosures described above, we may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us or our parent company, subsidiaries or affiliates, (2) protect and defend our rights or property or the rights or property of users of the Site, or (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the Site.
- SALE OF INFORMATION. In order to accommodate changes in our business, we may sell our company or portions of our company or sell or buy portions other companies or assets, including the information collected through the Site. If RealRyder or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will be one of the assets transferred to the acquirer.
- ACCESS TO INFORMATION. You can notify us at any time that you want to terminate your RealRyder account and our storage of your personal information, and upon receipt of that notice, we will remove all information about you from our database. [In addition, our systems permit you to review your personal information and ensure that it remains current and correct. Through your personal profile you may: (1) review and update your personal information that we have already collected; (2) choose whether or not you want to receive (or continue to receive) information about our company, or promotional material from our business partners; and (3) choose whether or not you want us to share your personal information with third parties.] It is solely your responsibility to ensure that your personal information remains current and correct and accurately reflects your preferences regarding how you would like us to treat your personal information.
RealRyder, the Site and our Services have security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you, but we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss, misuse, or alteration, and we and our owners, partners and affiliates will have no liability to you or to any third party arising out of any such loss, misuse, or alteration.
5. WEBSITE AREAS BEYOND OUR CONTROL
5.1 PUBLIC FORUMS
The Site may include interactive forums such as message boards, comment areas and chat rooms. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information, and please exercise caution when using any of these public forums to disclose your personal information. We have no control over the use of any personal information disclosed in a public forum, and you are solely responsible for the effects of any such disclosure.
5.2 THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Site may contain links to other websites. If you choose to visit other websites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those other websites, and it is your responsibility to review the privacy policies at those websites to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies. In addition, in no event will we have any responsibility for the contents of those other websites, and you visit and use those websites entirely at your own risk.
6. CONTACT INFORMATION AND POLICY UPDATES
6.1 CONTACTING US
If you have any questions about this Policy, our practices related to this Site, or if you would like to have us remove your information from our database please feel contact us using the contact information provided in Section 1.1 above.
6.2 UPDATES AND CHANGES
We reserve the right, at any time, to add to, change, update, or modify this Policy, simply by posting such change, update, or modification on the Site and without any other notice to you. Any such change, update, or modification will be effective immediately upon posting on the Site. It is your responsibility to review this Policy from time to time to ensure that you continue to agree with all of its terms.